Will has made some progress too. Mike and Will went to Indianapolis over New Year's to visit family and Will came back a different kid. He is soooo active and is constantly climbing, jumping, spinning, yelling, moving. I thought he was all over the place before! He is also talking more. He says "What is that?" constantly and is trying to recite the alphabet (sorta, not really). He is really sweet with Sophia and calls her "Sia". He is just an all around good kid and we're really proud of him and how he's handled this difficult transition.
I was supposed to go back to work this weekend, but got sick. We've all been passing something back and forth and trying to keep it away from Sophia. I'm actually looking forward to doing something somewhat normal again.
We got some not so good news on Monday from the neurosurgeon. After another head ultrasound, they told us that Sophia is going to need the shunt. Her hydrocephalus isn't getting any worse, but its also not getting any better. Now, they're trying to decide what the best course of action is. She will go and get a cardiac cath in a few weeks to measure the pressure in her lungs and to see how she is growing into her pulmonary band and it will also help decide what anesthesia is appropriate and so forth and then she'll get the shunt at some point after that. We're obviously not very happy about that, but if she needs it.... So, when you think and pray about Sophia, if you could think specifically about her brain, maybe we can will it to heal itself. Stranger things have happened!
Love to everybody and Happy New Year, it's gonna be a good one!
You bet I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers! I love the pictures you continue to share. Love,Andrea
ReplyDelete